Style Motors Ltd T/AS SMC Motor Group is registered in England (No. 1766596), its registered office is Wey Court, Farnham, Surrey GU9 7PT
Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions form the entire agreement between Style Motors Limited t/a SMC Motor Group “the Company” and the Customer. Any other terms or conditions are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law. This does not affect a consumer’s statutory rights. If any part of this Agreement is held unlawful or unenforceable that part shall be struck out without it affecting the remainder of the Agreement.
2. No one other than the parties and their permitted assignees, if any, shall be entitled to benefit from the Agreement pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
3. Any order and any allowance in respect of a motor vehicle offered in part exchange by the Customer is subject to written acceptance by the Company.
4. The Customer must take and pay for the goods within 7 days of being notified that they are available. If the Customer fails to do so then the Company will be entitled to keep the deposit, and recover damages for all resulting loss (including loss of profit), costs (including labour and materials at usual retail rate), charges and expenses.
5. The Company will retain ownership of the goods until they have been paid for. Responsibility for looking after the goods becomes the customer’s responsibility on delivery or payment, whichever is the sooner.
6. Any estimated date quoted for delivery of the goods is only approximate. The Company shall not be liable for delay or failure in delivery of the goods which is beyond its control.
7. If the Company fails to deliver the goods within 28 days of the estimated date of delivery stated in this contract the Customer may by notice in writing to the Company, require delivery of the goods within 7 days of receipt of such notice. If the goods are not delivered to the Customer within the 7 days the contract shall be cancelled. If the contract is cancelled any deposit paid shall be returned and the Company shall be under no further liability.
8. Any agreement for the Company to purchase a vehicle or other goods in part exchange is subject to the following;
a. The part exchange goods must be the sole property of the Customer, and the Customer must be entitled to sell them.
b. The part exchange goods must be delivered in the same condition and with the same features, as when they were examined by the Company.
9. If these conditions are not met, the Company will not accept the Customers used motor vehicle and the Customer will pay the full price for the vehicle ordered.
10. If delivery of the goods is delayed through no fault of the Company they will deduct an amount for depreciation of the part exchange goods. This amount will not exceed 3.5% of the agreed value of the part exchange goods for each complete 30 day period.
11. If the goods to be supplied by the seller are new the following provisions shall have effect:
a. The goods supplied will comply with the description or model designation assigned by the manufacturer. The Company cannot be held liable for changes to the detailed specification made by the manufacturer.
b. If after the date of this order and before the delivery of the goods to the purchaser the recommended price for the goods increases, the Customer will be notified of the amount of the increase the Company intends to pass on to the Customer. The customer can cancel the contract within 14 days of receipt by him of such notice, failing which such increase shall be added to the contract price for the goods.
12.It is in the Customer’s own interest that all items of value and personal effects are removed from the vehicle before it is handed over to the Company for work to be carried out. If the Customer fails to do so, the Company cannot accept responsibility for any loss.
13. Repair charges are based on the labour and material costs involved in the work carried out. Except for parts that are returned under a manufacturer’s exchange or warranty scheme, all parts replaced will be disposed of unless the Customer asks for their return before work begins.
14. All charges for servicing, repairs, upgrades/conversions and the supply of parts and accessories are payable on completion of the work and prior to the collection of the car. Payment can be by debit or credit card except American Express or Diners Club, or by cheque or cash. Cheques will only be accepted to the limit of the issuer’s bank card. The Customer will be notified when the car is available for collection. If the car is not collected, storage charges will accrue after five working days unless otherwise agreed. The Company reserves the right to dispose of the goods in accordance with the Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977.
15. Parts fitted are subject to manufacturers’ warranties. The company shall be under no obligation to give credit for goods correctly supplied and or specifically ordered by the customer. The dealer reserves the right to levy a 15% handling charge on any goods returned for credit. No credit will be given in respect of delivery, postage or transit charges.
16. In the event of a manufacturer altering its prices, the Company reserves the right to amend the specification and prices of all affected components.
17. All estimates and quotations from the Company are valid for a period of four weeks from the date of issue.
18. Customers are advised that any upgrade or conversion applied to a car may change its original characteristics and may result in increased fuel consumption, firmer ride or higher levels of sound etc. All performance increases are not absolute but depend on the vehicle to which the conversion is fitted. Please note upgrades or conversions may breach the manufacturers’ warranties. A signed order form and part payment may be required for performance upgrades and conversion work. Customers are advised to inform their insurance companies of any changes.
19. The Company shall not be considered liable in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence or abnormal working conditions (including track use).
20. The Customer agrees’ and recognises that all intellectual property rights in goods supplied by the Company, remain with the Company and do not pass to the Customer.
21. Unless otherwise affected by the terms of the Consumer Credit Act, any part payments paid to the Company for the purchase of new and used vehicles or upgrades/conversions are not refundable unless an agreement is made in writing at the time of placing the order.
22. The vehicle will accrue storage charges after ten working days unless otherwise agreed.
23. All vehicles being delivered to the Company for routine service work need to be supplied with locking wheel nut keys, alarm keys, radio fascia etc and all relevant documents ie service books and current MOT certificate. Vehicles being supplied for service/repairs etc must be supplied with adequate reserves of fuel otherwise the vehicle will be refuelled and the Customer charged accordingly.
24. All dealings between the Company and the Customer are subject to the law in England & Wales.
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013
If we deliver a car to a private customer (not a business) without meeting them face to face the sale will be governed by these regulations. This gives you certain rights that are explained below.
The Company’s Sales Executive that you deal with will send you an order form detailing
You have the right to cancel this contract, in writing within 14 from the day you take collection.
A model form for cancellation can be found here Click Here
Return of Vehicle:
On receipt of this notice of cancellation we will contact you to confirm arrangements for collection of the vehicle. You may arrange for the return of the vehicle to us, or we will collect it at a cost of £100+VAT and a charge of £5+VAT per mile for the distance recorded between the Company's premises and your address as shown on a web based distance calculator of the Company’s choice. You are required to make the car available for collection at a pre-determined date and time within 30 days of the delivery date.
Return of the V5 (logbook):
We will not agree to a refund until we have possession of the V5 (logbook) back from the customer, until 14 days from the date the logbook is returned to SMC Motor Group.
Mileage and Condition:
On collection the car must not have travelled more than 10 miles since delivery and must be in the same condition as it was when delivered. Any deterioration recorded at the time of collection will be valued when the car arrives at the Company's premises and details of these costs will be notified to you. Excess mileage above the 10 miles will be charged at 10% of the vehicle purchase value per 100 miles or part thereof.
Your refund will be executed in the same way that payment was made originally by you and will be made within 30 days following delivery.
Certified Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) :
Motor Codes are SMC Motor Groups preffered ADR provider. Motor Codes has been approved as a Certified ADR provider* for New Car Manufacturers, Service and Repair and Vehicle Warranty Products. Click Here to visit their web site now.
Used Vehicle Disclaimer
The specification is for a typical vehicle of this model and year when manufactured. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided however there may be differences to the specification of the actual vehicle in stock, or the vehicle may have been modified. Do not rely entirely on the listed specification and please check to confirm that any features which may influence your decision to buy are present, and the actual specification of the vehicle meets your requirements and expectations.