Our showrooms re-open as from the 1st June - We are looking forward to see you...
Here at SMC Motorgroup we have been really busy in our digital sales team with our “Click and Collect” service. However we also know that a lot of people will want to experience a vehicle for themselves before they buy. As our showrooms open there doors to customers again on the 1st June 2020 we will be ready to welcome you warmly, however we have a made a few changes to help keep everyone safe.
To make it easiest for everyone, and to avoid disappointment, we would recommend you make an appointment with one of our dedicated Sales Specialists. This is so we can allocate the time to spend with you, ensure that any vehicle you plan to view or test drive is correctly sanitised and onsite. We have had to create additional space for social distancing so as a result do not always have space for all our vehicles onsite.
Should you wish to test drive one of our vehicle this will be carried out on an unaccompanied basis. For this to happen we will need a few things from you. Your Sales Specialist will need to take a copy of your driver’s licence, ideally in advance, and will need to verify its authenticity with the DVLA. This can be done by generating a “Check Code” from this link: https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence. Alternatively you can provide us with your National Insurance Number and we can check for you. Please note only Full UK Drivers licences are acceptable.
Due to our insurance requirements drivers must be aged between 21 and 70, have no more than 6 points on the drivers licence and be free from criminal convictions, including pending convictions, in the last five years. We will also you to leave your driver’s licence and a valid bank card with us whilst you are out in our vehicle which we will be kept in a clear disposable bag to ensure we do not handle them. Test drive routes have been established at each of our branches, lasting around 15 minutes and covering a variety of road surfaces and speed, to help showcase all the features and characteristics of our vehicles. We would ask you to keep to these routes and timings so we can ensure we have staff available on your return to sanitise the vehicle, return your driver’s licence and bank card to you and answer any questions or queries you may have. Detailed route maps will be provided in a printed single use format.
All our cars are kept locked and will only be unlocked by a member of our team. We will ask you to wear plastic gloves (provide by us) whilst in our vehicles and you will be limited to two persons per vehicle maximum, including whilst on test drive
Should you wish for us to value your vehicle, or confirm a valuation carried out remotely prior to your visit; we will need to drive your vehicle. Our staff will wear gloves and use a seat cover, and sanitise any touch points once they have finished.
We thank you firstly for your valued enquiry with us, for your support in helping us maintain the safety of our staff, customers and communities, and for the opportunity to showcase our fantastic range of vehicles to you. We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that as a family run business trading for over 36 years we believe in doing business properly and looking after our customers, and for that reason we do not charge any Administration Fees or make any charge for this additional preparation required on all our vehicles.
Here’s some of the social distancing measure we have put in place to help customers and colleagues to keep safe:
• 2 metre social distancing markers have been placed in relevant areas of the dealership (including the workshop) and navigational markers are displayed on the floor to guide you safely through the showroom.
• 2 metre social distancing markers at our sales desks.
• Sanitisation stations are in place in all main areas of the showroom for everyone to use throughout their visit with us, particularly on arrival and when leaving.
• Appointments are prefered to limit the amount of visitors at any given time in the showrooms.
• If you or your family are unwell, please let us know and we can re-arrange the appointment for another time
• We’re asking customers to limit their group to no more than two people where possible when visiting,
• Test Drives are still available (as per gudelines above), however in order to maintain the recommended social distance, test drives will be unaccompanied moving forward, on a predetermined route*.
• We have re-organised our seating in our waiting area in line with Government Guidance and also all reading material and refreshements have been removed on adice..
• We carry-out an initial deep clean of our workshop on a daily basis before we open
• We have implemented a strict vehicle valeting process to ensure effective sanitation both inside and outside the vehicle
• Improved communication with our customers – we have created some safety videos detailing our procedures Click Here to view them now
• We have reviewed our processes and will encourage customers to complete as much as possible of the buying process remotely, where feasible and subject to agreement.
• For those customers who prefer not to visit the showroom we will be able to offer Vehicle Handovers* and Vehicle Appraisals* at your home – however, this is subject to availability and we will prioritise our elderly and more vulnerable customers.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you soon.
We wil still be open online if you would prefer. From the first click all the way to your driveway!
Our dedicated sales teams are here and eager to help you in any way we can. We are currently offering video tours of all our used cars (click here to book one) via Zoom and Skype.
We are also able to value your current vehicle remotely, talk you through our fantastic suite of payment options and help advise you on our full range of vehicles.
By prior appointment we can also arrange to have vehicles unlocked outside our showroom for you to view and sit in, safe in the knowledge we will fully sanitise it both prior to and after your visit. Once we have found the perfect new car for you can then collect it safely using our contactless Click and Collect option.
a look at our short video of how we are taking physical measures to
ensure the health and wellbeing of our staff and customers at our
Whilst we have been in lockdown customers have been buying and taking delivery of cars from us and are happy with how
we are handling social distancing and provinding PPE equipment. Well
If you would prefer to still contact us online we are more than happy to talk to you and our offers and stock can be viewed below.
Click Here to view our New Car Renault Offers
Click Here to view our New Van Renault Offers
Click Here to view our New Car Dacia Offers
Click Here to view our New Car SEAT Offers
Click Here to view our current used car stock
Although every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on this page is as accurate and up to date as possible. SMC Motor Group reserves the right to modify its policies. Although every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on this page is as accurate and up to date as possible.
SMC Motor Group reserve the right refuse access to one of their branches should the number of customers on site exceed what is deemed safe levels or situations where the guidelines cannot be maintained at a safe level.