Our showrooms are now open again from the 12th April 2021 - We are looking forward to seeing you...
Here at SMC Motor Group we have been really busy with our digital sales team with our “Click and Collect” service and rest assured this will still continue for customer who would prefer this. However we also know that a lot of people will want to experience a vehicle for themselves before they buy. We are pleased to say that our showrooms open there doors to customers again on the 12th April 2021 we will be ready to welcome you warmly back..
To make it easiest for everyone, and to avoid disappointment, we would recommend you make an appointment with one of our dedicated Sales Specialists. This is so we can allocate the time to spend with you, ensure that any vehicle you plan to view or test drive is correctly sanitised and onsite. We have had to create additional space for social distancing so as a result do not always have space for all our vehicles onsite.
recognise the importance that when you visit our dealerships, it is
safe to do so, and we have implemented safety measures at all our sites
to keep you and our colleagues safe.
We are still operating the 'Track and Trace' QR codes for your use, together with standard social distancing rules.
We would also like to respectfully ask all customers visiting our showrooms to wear a face covering, as these are now mandatory by law in retail outlets across England, so please help us to protect everyone who may visit or work in our dealerships. If your personal circumstances mean you are exempt* from wearing a face covering, please let the dealership team know.
Should you wish to test drive one of our vehicle this will be carried out on an unaccompanied basis. For this to happen we will need a few things from you. Your Sales Specialist will need to take a copy of your driver’s licence, ideally in advance, and will need to verify its authenticity with the DVLA. This can be done by generating a “Check Code” from this link: https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence. Alternatively you can provide us with your National Insurance Number and we can check for you. Please note only Full UK Drivers licences are acceptable.
Due to our insurance requirements drivers must be aged between 21 and 70, have no more than 6 points on the drivers licence and be free from criminal convictions, including pending convictions, in the last five years. We will also you to leave your driver’s licence and a valid bank card with us whilst you are out in our vehicle which we will be kept in a clear disposable bag to ensure we do not handle them. Test drive routes have been established at each of our branches, lasting around 15 minutes and covering a variety of road surfaces and speed, to help showcase all the features and characteristics of our vehicles. We would ask you to keep to these routes and timings so we can ensure we have staff available on your return to sanitise the vehicle, return your driver’s licence and bank card to you and answer any questions or queries you may have. Detailed route maps will be provided in a printed single use format.
All our cars are kept locked and will only be unlocked by a member of our team. We will ask you to wear plastic gloves (provide by us) whilst in our vehicles and you will be limited to two persons per vehicle maximum, including whilst on test drive
Should you wish for us to value your vehicle, or confirm a valuation carried out remotely prior to your visit; we will need to drive your vehicle. Our staff will wear gloves and use a seat cover, and sanitise any touch points once they have finished.
We thank you firstly for your valued enquiry with us, for your support in helping us maintain the safety of our staff, customers and communities, and for the opportunity to showcase our fantastic range of vehicles to you. We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that as a family run business trading for over 36 years we believe in doing business properly and looking after our customers, and for that reason we do not charge any Administration Fees or make any charge for this additional preparation required on all our vehicles.
Here’s some of the social distancing measure we have put in place to help customers and colleagues to keep safe:
• 2 metre social distancing markers have been placed in relevant areas of the dealership (including the workshop) and navigational markers are displayed on the floor to guide you safely through the showroom.
• 2 metre social distancing markersat our sales desks.
• Sanitisation stations are in place in all main areas of the showroom for everyone to use throughout their visit with us, particularly on arrival and when leaving.
• Appointments are prefered to limit the amount of visitors at any given time in the showrooms.
• If you or your family are unwell, please let us know and we can re-arrange the appointment for another time
• We’re asking customers to limit their group to no more than two people where possible when visiting,
• Test Drives are still available (as per gudelines above), however in order to maintain the recommended social distance, test drives will be unaccompanied moving forward, on a predetermined route*.
• We have re-organised our seating in our waiting area in line with Government Guidance and also all reading material and refreshements have been removed on adice.
• We would also like to respectfully ask all customers visiting our showrooms to wear a face covering
• We carry-out an initial deep clean of our workshop on a daily basis before we open
• We have implemented a strict vehicle valeting process to ensure effective sanitation both inside and outside the vehicle
• Improved communication with our customers – we have created some safety videos detailing our procedures Click Here to view them now
• We have reviewed our processes and will encourage customers to complete as much as possible of the buying process remotely, where feasible and subject to agreement.
• For those customers who prefer not to visit the showroom we will be able to offer Vehicle Handovers* and Vehicle Appraisals* at your home – however, this is subject to availability and we will prioritise our elderly and more vulnerable customers.
We will still be open online if you would prefer. From the first click all the way to your driveway!
Our dedicated sales teams are here and eager to help you in any way we
can. We are currently offering video tours of all our used cars (click
here to book one) via Zoom and Skype.
are also able to value your current vehicle remotely, talk you through
our fantastic suite of payment options and help advise you on our full
range of vehicles.
prior appointment we can also arrange to have vehicles unlocked outside
our showroom for you to view and sit in, safe in the knowledge we will
fully sanitise it both prior to and after your visit. Once we have found
the perfect new car for you can then collect it safely using our
contactless Click and Collect option.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you soon at SMC Motor Group.
Terms and conditions :-
Although every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on this page is as accurate and up to date as possible. SMC Motor Group reserves the right to modify its policies.
Motor Group reserve the right refuse access to one of their branches
should the number of customers on site exceed what is deemed safe levels
or situations where the guidelines cannot be maintained at a safe